Saturday, July 25, 2009

The One Where I Get A Do Over....

Okay, I had great intentions last fall when I started this blog...little did I know how much of my time would be consumed by trying to adjust to having an all boy class of 4th graders.

Well, I survived year one. Learned a lot, cried a lot, screamed a bit, hair got grayer. And still I decided to go for year 2. The only change will be that I will have 3rd graders (again all boys)...and I know a lot of them.

I am exited, nervous (all new curriculm), and ready to get this show on the road in a few weeks. I am about to start working on my Social Studies and Reading integration plans....

Trying to come up with a classroom them (last year I did Pirates)...and goign to try out a classroom econmy plan I read up on. Also busy finding, borrowing, reading and borrowing boy-friendly books.

Again my goal for the upcoming school year is to post once a week. Maybe more.So, we'll see if I do a better job this year with the blogging.

See ya....

No comments: