Saturday, February 13, 2010

#13- Looking ahead to next year...

I know, this school year is't even over yet. But it is never too early to start planning ahead for next year. It is hard to beleive that we only have 71 days left in this school year. It is even harder to believe that PASS testing begins in 4 weeks (our state standardized tests)--at least its just the writing part for now.

Contracts for next year are coming out soon so I have been looking ahead to next school year and trying to decide what I want to do. Here are my choices: A) loop up to 4th grade with my current class or B) stay in 3rd grade with a new class of boys. Both have their advantages.


Since I taught 4th grade the past two years, I am comfortable with the curriculum. And I do LOVE my current group of boys! If I looped with them we would already have rules and routines established (just need to do a refresher at the beginning of the year, and bring along side the new studetns to our class). Many of the kids and parents have already asked me if I would consider doing it. And of course I would love to be back teaching with my best buddy, Beth!

On the flip side, this was my first year teaching 3rd grade, and I LOVE my 3rd grade team. I would also like to have another year of teaching the 3rd grade curriculum under my belt. I know that my little friends coming up from 2nd grade are going to be a challenge...but I have never been one to back down from a challenge!!

I have a lot to think about, and I am leaning towards looping. But I don't have to make any decisions right now. Either way, it will be fun, either continuing down the road with my current group of boys or starting fresh with a new group. In the meantime...I am starting my countdown to Spring Break (6 weeks and 6 days!!!)

No comments: